* Owner & Trainer - Ms. Cristy Aldrich *
My name is Ms. Cristy Aldrich. I was born in Rockford, IL and raised in Loves Park, where I still reside today. I have been married for 34 years to my husband Ken. We have 3 daughters, 6 granddaughters, 3 grandsons and 4 grand-dogs. We also have 1 dog ourselves, he is a rescue. Axel is a 6 year old Bull English Mastiff. I have been an animal lover my whole life and grew up rescuing / fostering many animals.
- 2001 - Became a Volunteer at Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary
- 2002-2007 - Employed as a Kennel Technician at Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary
- 2007 - Became a Pet Trainer at PetSmart
- 2008 - Founded Good Shepherd Animal Sanctuary
(a dog rescue)
- 2010 - Joined the AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluator Program (Badge #85216)
- 2011 - Promoted to Lead Area Trainer for the district
- 2014 - Grand Opening of Ms. Cristy's Canine Academy
- 2015 - Began working with Circle of Change
(a Veteran program)
Even at a young age, I rescued any animal in need!
I am a former Young At Heart Queen!
I was a roller derby girl for the Rockford Rage for 4 years!
I had many fundraisers for animal rescues during that time.
I love to learn new things!
That includes expanding my knowledge in dog training.
I have taken classes with a Professional Dog Behaviorist in Chicago!